Memo for the student “Rules for composing reviews for a film, a novel”
Review is just a critical analysis and assessment of any artwork, film.
Steps to make an evaluation on a novel
- 1. Browse carefully and reread the writing.
- 2. Look at the questions:
- Just How was the written book read?
- How could it be sensed by other visitors?
- What’s the theme associated with the work?
- What exactly is his main concept?
- Exactly what does the author convince us?
- How exactly does the writer lead us to those conclusions?
- Who’re the heroes associated with the book?
- Exactly what are their aspirations, deeds, characters?
- Exactly What connection do they have with visitors?
- What’s the creative originality regarding the book?
- Exactly How will it be built?
- What is her tongue?
- What do you find unusual and bright when you look at the language?
- 3. What exactly is your overall assessment for the book?
- What is in this ongoing work of value, new?
- Exactly What, maybe, is not convincing enough? Not totally effective?
- 4. Answer the answers to those concerns into the review in accordance with the plan.
Policy for reviewing the guide
Arrange for reviewing the written book comes with:
- 1. Date of publication of this work (when it had been written or published).
- 2. History of creation, the look associated with the work.
- 3. Genre peculiarity regarding the work.
- 4. The plot and structure of this work (what exactly is this work, name its events that are main note the sequence, the culmination, the denouement, the role regarding the epilogue together with epigraph (if you have).)
- 5. Subjects (as described within the ongoing work), exactly what topics are touched within the work.
- 6. The issues (which issues, questions) are addressed when you look at the work, are they essential, exactly why are they being considered by the writer.
- 7. Traits regarding the primary artistic pictures (names, bright top features of appearance, social situation, life philosophy, views from the globe, relations along with other heroes,experiences, emotions, what problem/problems is connected with this hero).
- 8. The idea and pathos for the ongoing work( just what the author wanted to state, his view for the author from the dilemmas involved, exactly what he calls).
- 9. Destination of work with the writer’s work (could it be crucial work to understand the writer’s creativity, whether or not it reflects the key themes and dilemmas in his work, can you really judge by this work concerning the writer’s style, his worldview).
- 10. The spot associated with the ongoing work with the annals of literary works (whether this tasks are significant for Russian literature while the world page tours, why).
- 11. Your impression for the ongoing work(we liked/did in contrast to, why).
The conditional scheme of comparison of the heroes associated with the work:
- – attributes of the portrait traits: how the character characterizes the appearance, clothing, etc.;
- – Origin;
- – genealogy and family history, generic and characteristics that are individual
- – traits of this character, habits;
- – Expressive details;
- – Education, a type of knowledge;
- – Speech attribute;
- – power to internal dialogue, self-analysis;
- – The ratio of this hero to people;
- – Attitude of those around into the hero;
- – How the hero manifests himself into the situation of choice;
- – how can the character modification through the work.
Policy for the analysis associated with the dramatic work
- 1. Time when it comes to publication and creation for the play.
- 2. The spot occupied when you look at the playwright’s work.
- 3. The theme regarding the play plus the expression inside it of a certain material that is vital.
- 4. Actors and their grouping.
- 5. Conflict of a dramatic work, its originality, their education of novelty and sharpness, its deepening.
- 6. The growth of dramatic action and its particular stage. The exposition, the plot, the vicissitudes, the culmination, the denouement.
- 7. Structure associated with play. The significance and role of every work.
- 8. Dramatic figures and their relationship to action.
- 9. Speech characteristic associated with the figures. Relationship of character and words.
- 10. The role of dialogues and monologues into the play.
- 11. Recognition of this author’s place. The part of remarks in drama.
- 12. Genre and visible originality of the play. Correspondence associated with the genre to choices that are authorial preferences.
An plan that is approximate characterizing the artistic image (character).
Introduction. Host to the type within the system of images associated with the work.
Principal component. Characteristic.
- 1 https://www.help-with-homework.com/. Social and product situation.
- 2. External appearance.
- 3. The peculiarity associated with the world and worldview outlook, the circle of mental passions, inclinations, habits:
- a) the nature regarding the task therefore the basic life aspirations;
- b) impact on other people.
- 4. Part of emotions:
- a) variety of relationship to others;
- b) attributes of inner experiences.
- 5. Author’s attitude into the character.
- 6. Exactly What attributes of the hero’s personality are revealed when you look at the work:
- a) by using a portrait;
- b) within the writer’s characteristic;
- c) through the characterization of other actors;
- d) with the aid of history or biography;
- e) through a string of actions;
- g) when you look at the message attribute;
- h) through the environment.
The final outcome. What problem that is public the author to produce this image.